As a member of Covenant Health, Roane Medical Center is committed to a Pledge of Excellence that puts patients first. Patient safety and quality care are top priorities. Here are a few of our achievements in these areas:
- Roane Medical Center is being recognized in 2019 by The Joint Commission, the nation’s foremost accrediting agency for healthcare organizations, for an exemplary culture of safety that is visible throughout the organization. Hospital leaders are being commended for their commitment to a proactive quality program that exceeds mandatory initiatives and monitors the overall environment for intervention in advance of potential issues.
- Roane Medical Center is in the top 10% of hospitals nationwide in the prevention of hospital-acquired infections such as MRSA, catheter-acquired urinary tract infections, and central line-associated bloodstream infections.
- Roane Medical Center is certified by The Joint Commission as an Advanced Primary Stroke Center, and a member of Covenant Health’s stroke hospital network, leading to best-practice performance in timely diagnosis and treatment of stroke.
- Roane Medical Center exceeds Leapfrog standards for use of computerized physician order entry to improve physician/staff communications and avoid medication errors.
- The medical center exceeds top quartile standards for patient satisfaction in outpatient and ambulatory surgery services set by Press Ganey, a leading national healthcare quality improvement organization.
- As a Covenant Health hospital, Roane Medical Center participates in an antibiotic stewardship program for appropriate use of antibiotics while minimizing risk of antibiotic resistance.
- As a Covenant Health hospital, Roane Medical Center consistently meets or exceeds national standards for heart attack care.