Covenant Health celebrated the accomplishments of individual employees and collaborative teams throughout our health system at the inaugural President’s Excellence Awards celebration, held in mid-November at the Knoxville Marriott.
The President’s Excellence Awards represent an expansion of previous Everest and Performance Excellence Award recognition events. This year’s awards reflected not only individual and team project accomplishments, but also focused on Covenant Health’s Pledge of Excellence in the selection of honorees.
“The pledge is the very core of who we are at Covenant Health,” said Jim VanderSteeg, President and CEO. “The President’s Excellence Awards still recognize individuals and teams, but more importantly, they recognize living, breathing examples of the Pledge of Excellence in action.”
“The awards also honor leadership,” he continued. “Our health system’s most important obligation and opportunity is to develop strong leaders, and all of the employees who are being recognized are strong and committed leaders.”
Thirteen employees were selected as nominees in the Individual Achievement category:
- Carlos Carrasquillo, nuclear medicine, Parkwest
- Susan Davis, surgical technologist, Fort Sanders Regional
- Brian Flanagan, facility services technician, Roane Medical Center
- Charlene Howard, volunteer coordinator, Parkwest
- Sandra Jones, transcriptionist, Parkwest Comprehensive Breast Center
- Jay Jordan, cardiac rehab, LeConte
- Michele Lloyd, physical therapist, Patricia Neal Rehabilitation Center
- Angela Murr, administrative assistant, Peninsula
- Amber Pritchett, RN team leader, Fort Loudoun Medical Center
- Pam Sparks, educator, Parkwest
- Randy Tingle, chaplain, Fort Sanders Regional
- Stacy White, physician informatics, Covenant Health IT
- Cindy Winterberger, clinical social worker, Covenant Hospice
Individual Achievement award winners for 2017 are: Charlene Howard, Michele Lloyd, Amber Pritchett, Pam Sparks, Randy Tingle and Cindy Winterberger.
For Team Achievement Awards, 16 projects were submitted for consideration. The selection process included pre-screening at the facility level, judging by external healthcare and process improvement professionals, and final selection by the Executive Leadership Team. In addition to four Team Achievement awards, team awards were also given for Innovation, Improvement and Sustainability. The President’s Award, Covenant Health’s highest honor, was given to the project that most reflected Covenant’s mission, goals, and Pledge of Excellence.
Congrats to RMC for winning a Team Achievement Award!
“Operation No Stock Out: An Automation Optimization Project,” submitted by Roane Medical Center. This collaborative project between pharmacy and nursing focused on changing processes to maintain more consistent inventory levels in automated dispensing cabinets that are used for delivery of patient medications.
Many thanks to all who submitted projects and nominations, and congratulations to the 2017 award winners!