Roane Medical Center is pleased to announce the Patient Drug Assistance Program is accepting new patients. With or without prescription medication insurance, costs associated with monthly maintenance medication can be crippling. This free and confidential program helps to connect qualifying patients with their medications directly from the manufacturer at little to no cost.
“By providing assistance with medications to our patients, we are able to help promote wellness and wellbeing throughout our community. We understand that medications are sometimes difficult to afford,” says Ryan Reddick, Director of Pharmacy at Roane Medical Center. “This program is unique to our county and we hope to get the word out that we are here to help,” says Reddick.
The Patient Drug Assistance Program was started in nearly a decade ago, and is now funded through the Covenant Health Foundation. Pharmacy Advocate, Jessica Freytag, meets with patients at Roane Medical Center to connect with assistance directly from pharmaceutical companies at little or no cost. Jessica helps coordinate paperwork to qualify for the programs and assist in medication refills. A photo ID, Social Security card, prescription insurance information, physician prescriptions, and proof of income (Tax Return, Social Security, Disability, etc.) are all that is needed to help get you started. The program does not dispense, prescribe, or provide money to pay for medications. No pain medications are covered by this program.
A few points to remember about the program:
What we DO:
- We search databases for assistance program from drug companies that offer medication at little or no cost
- We will help you with the paperwork to get you qualified
- If enrolled in the program, we will help you get refills of qualifying medication
What we DO NOT do:
- We DO NOT provide money to pay for medications
- We DO NOT dispense medications of any kind
- Our programs DO NOT include Pain Medications of any kind
- We DO NOT prescribe medications of any kind
What is NEEDED from you:
- We will need Proof of Income (Tax Return, Social Security, Disability, etc.)
- Photo ID
- Social Security Card
- Any medical insurance card you may have
- Prescriptions from your doctor
This service is free and confidential.
For more information or to schedule an appointment with our Pharmacy Advocate, call (865) 316-2563.