When you or a loved one needs critical care services, Roane Medical Center is here for you. We believe in prompt, efficient service. We understand patients in our intensive care area need specialized care – not only because they are very sick, but because their medical needs are unique.
We developed our Intensive Care Unit with our patients in mind:
- Roane Medical Center has six private suites for persons with life-threatening conditions.
- Treatment and progress are continually monitored. We offer 24-hour observation, joining skilled human care with the latest bedside technology.
- Specially trained physicians, nurses and technicians provide state-of-the-art medical care. Nurses are trained in advanced cardiac life support.
- Doctors are available around the clock to admit patients to Critical Care and provide consultations in cardiology and other specialties.
To help patients conserve strength and receive care without interruption, Roane Medical Center asks that family members and other visitors observe the visitation guidelines posted in the unit.
- Only one person may visit a patient at a time, per stay.
- Flowers aren’t allowed in ICU. Please do not order flowers, balloons, etc., for patients to be delivered to the ICU.
- Patients in ICU wear hospital gowns, so family members are asked to take the patients’ clothing and valuables home.
- If you need to speak to the doctor or have any needs or expectations, please inform the nurse taking care of your loved one.
- Please contact the patient’s nurse with any problems or concerns you may have.
For Your Convenience:
A comfortable family waiting area is located near the Emergency Room waiting on the first floor of the hospital. The ICU waiting is equipped with sleep chairs, a shower for family members, TV, and conveniently located near the vending and ATM area. A consult room is also available to families so the physician can discuss the care of their loved one.