Cardiopulmonary rehab is the best way to get back on track after a serious heart or lung issue. Our specialized therapists offer professional guidance with a personal touch tailored to safely maximize your recovery.
The American Heart Association says cardiopulmonary rehab programs can stabilize, slow or even reverse the progression of cardiovascular disease. Pulmonary rehabilitation, which aids patients with such lung issues as Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder (COPD), cancer and emphysema, can decrease the symptoms of your disease and increase your ability to function with less shortness of breath.
We monitor oxygen level, heart rate and blood pressure during each workout. Reports of your progress are available upon request to share with your physician. And in the unlikely event that a complication or concern arises, immediate help is available.
Plus, you don’t have to leave Roane County to receive the care you need. Our cardiopulmonary rehabilitation unit is in our Professional Office Building adjacent to the hospital.
Our cardiopulmonary rehab services include:
- Personalized rehabilitation plans for cardiac and pulmonary patients
- First Steps to Fitness Health Maintenance & Improvement Program
- Specialized equipment to maximize health while minimizing discomfort for people experiencing joint or muscle pain
- Educational Courses : Healthy Heart Maintenance, Long-Term Lung Trouble, Nutrition, and other related health topics
- A highly skilled rehabilitation staff observes each patient’s workout, sends progress reports to your doctor and intervenes in the event of an emergency.
Cardiopulmonary rehabilitation services provided by Roane Medial Center are covered by most health insurance plans if a patient is referred by his/her heart, lung, or internal medicine doctor.
Information for heart failure patients
Are you being treated for heart failure? Roane Medical Center offers a helpful booklet for CHF patients. The booklet explains congestive heart failure, how it is diagnosed and treated, and lifestyle information for those seeking to be as healthy and active as possible. The booklet also contains tracking sheets to record information that will be helpful for you and your healthcare provider, as well as a list of resources and services within Covenant Health.
To read the booklet online or download a printable copy, click here.