A campaign to support Roane Medical Center.
From the opening of Roane County's first hospital in 1918 to the Roane Medical Center of today and the state-of-the-art future facility under construction in Midtown, Roane Medical Center has committed to providing the best possible healthcare to the citizens of Roane County.
Now you have the opportunity to be a part of Roane County healthcare history
by joining in the One Community. One Hospital.
campaign to support Roane Medical Center.
Parent company, Covenant Health, has made a significant investment to build the new hospital. But still, there are some treatments and services which won't be available right away without your help. The unstable healthcare environment makes it difficult or impossible to fund these services immediately. Our goal is to raise $750,000 to ensure these services are available sooner rather than later for the people of Roane County.
The campaign leadership has chosen to dedicate their efforts in honor of longtime hospital Chief Administrative Officer Jim Gann.
How You Can Help
With your support the One Community. One Hospital.
campaign will bring the following upgrades in programs and services to the new Roane Medical Center now, rather than later.
Patient Care Services
Cardiology Center of Excellence
- We seek support for state-of-the-art diagnostic equipment, such as intravascular ultrasound, and new equipment for our thriving cardiac rehabilitation program including the latest telemetry system.
Chemotherapy & Cancer Services
- Our family, friends and neighbors will no longer have to drive to Knoxville or other areas for chemotherapy treatments.
Services That Can't Be Billed For
Chapel & Serenity Garden
- Families and patients seeking spiritual and emotional healing will have dedicated spaces to find sanctuary during their stay. Our on-call volunteer chaplaincy program seeks support for ongoing education for them and all area clergy to ensure spiritual care is provided to all who need it.
Community Education and Resource Center
- Hospital physicians and staff, as well as local service organizations, civic clubs and schools will have access to 1,200 square foot community education room for their medical conferences and meetings.
- A unique display of our hospital's history will be placed in the new facility, creating a visual timeline of the healthcare, physician, nursing, volunteer and community leadership that has shaped our hospital since 1939.
Ways to Give
Contributions to the One Community. One Hospital.
campaign can be made in a variety of ways. Our campaign staff will work with you to help you find the best opportunity to maximize your support and your impact on the hospital's future.
Gifts of Cash
- An outright cash donation is the most popular way to invest in the new Roane Medical Center, and entitles you to an immediate charitable income tax deduction.
Gifts of Property & Stocks
- You may receive a double tax benefit from gifts of securities, real estate or other property that has appreciated in value.
Gifts through Your Will or Estate
- For persons aged 70 and above, Covenant Health has agreed to "front" the money for properly documented charitable bequests, trusts and gift annuities.
Gifts of Insurance or Retirement Plans
- Life insurance policies can be gifts to the hospital, or the hospital can be named as a beneficiary of your policy. Additionally, you can name Roane Medical Center as a beneficiary of a percentage of your retirement plan. For those aged 70 and above, your gift is "counted" now, even though it won't be realized for years to come.
Memorial Gifts & Living Tributes
- Your gift to the hospital in memory of a loved one - or in honor of a beloved family member, friend, physician or care giver - requires no minimum dollar amount. There are many naming opportunities associated with the One Community. One Hospital. campaign to provide a lasting tribute.
- Make an online contribution here